Search This Blog

Monday, November 3, 2014

R.I.P. Tom Magliozzi

Any other Car Talk fans reading this?  I was so sad to read this morning about Tom Magliozzi's death.

One of my colleagues and I were discussing this, and we concluded that one thing that was amazing about Car Talk was that people like us who aren't that interested in cars enjoyed listening to it and could follow what Tom and Ray were saying.

I have so many memories of Car Talk...listening to it while running errands with my family when I was a kid, sending away for their "Drive Now, Talk Later" bumper sticker when cell phones became popular, having it as a comforting constant when I moved around as an adult.

Tom, along with Ray, made the world a better place by helping people solve practical problems and bringing much-needed humor to what were sometimes very frustrating situations for the callers.

You can read Tom's obituary here and listen to some audio clips here.

No comments:

Post a Comment