Search This Blog

Monday, April 17, 2017

Car Decal Mystery

Today while I was riding the bus to work, I looked out the window and saw a noteworthy decal on a car in the next lane.  It was a break from the usual political/ideological/sports/stick figure family stickers and decals I usually see.  It had the following simple phrase:  I pooped today.

Questions have been swirling around in my mind all day:

  • Did some little kid win this decal as an award for finally being potty-trained?
  • Or is some adult kindly lowering the achievement bar for the rest of us?
  • Assuming that the owner of this decal isn't constantly removing and replacing the decal in response to his/her current defacatory status, could the phrase "I pooped today" be considered a promise to continue pooping on a daily basis?
  • Am I just being extremely insensitive about a constipation epidemic that's been going on right under my nose?
It's terrible to start out the week in such a state of confusion.

2 comments:

  1. It's not quite in the same league as "I pooped today," but I saw a good bumper sticker recently (keeping in mind that I live in Michigan): "It's not the size of your peninsula that matters, it's what you do with it."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! If I'm ever in Michigan again (which I hope may happen at some point), I'll be sure to watch for that bumper sticker.

      Delete