Search This Blog

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Holiday Walk Pictures

Monday was Constitution Day observed in Kazakhstan, so we didn't have to go to work.  Yippee!  Monday is one of the days during the week when I teach all four of my classes, so I felt like I was really getting away with something to have the day off instead.

We met up with some friends near the Radisson Hotel and walked to a complex called Highville to undo our caloric expenditure with a fried chicken meal at a Korean restaurant called Kakaodak.  To the extent possible with the constantly shifting construction situation in Astana, we walked along the Ishim River.  I took a few pictures along the way:

Peaceful park scene

Another of Astana's fake trees!

There is a whole line of them here!

Sadly, one of the fake branches met a bad end.

The sign is proclaiming someone's love for Astana.  I'm not sure about the colorful structures in the river.

There is another sign proclaiming someone's love for Astana across the river.  Also, you can see Astana's pyramid in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment