Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Random Thought On Groceries

I don't think I've visited an off-campus grocery store or supermarket since I returned to Astana in January.  The weather is way too cold, and the sidewalks way too slippery for my taste.  Plus, there are now three campus mini markets (including one in my building!), and there is grocery delivery.

I thought this week that I wouldn't order any groceries, and that I would just use the campus mini markets.  But, inconveniently enough, I've run out of salt.  And, also inconveniently enough, none of three campus mini markets seem to have any!

I had always thought of salt as being a super basic staple.  Is that just a US thing?  Or maybe there was a run on salt here that I was blissfully unaware of?  Either way, looks like I'll be making a grocery order after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment