Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Expanding My Horizons, Mostly Against My Will

The DC Metro system shut down at midnight yesterday, and isn't scheduled to reopen until 5 AM tomorrow.  I'm not sure how important most people outside the region found that particular piece of news, and to be fair, there are far worse things going on in the world.

But the fact that there are far worse things going on in the world wasn't very comforting to me late last night when I found out that the metro would be shut down and had to scramble to find another way to get where I needed to go in the morning.

Fortunately, I found a Metro bus that was pretty convenient to take.  It took a bit longer using it than using the train, but on the other hand it was cheaper.  So I learned something new and useful!

I'm just hoping this new piece of information won't have to make a habit of being useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment