Search This Blog

Saturday, June 4, 2016

I'm One Of Them...But I Don't Know Who They Are

This morning, I walked from our apartment to a local shopping center, purchased a few items at T.J. Maxx, and carried them home.  I got stuck behind a group of slow-moving people on the sidewalk on the way back.  After I successfully maneuvered around them, I overheard one of them remark that there were certainly a lot of strange people around here.

The timing of her comment made her think that she was probably referring to me, among other people.  I'm not going to deny being strange--though I may also question her normality--but I wondered what in particular tipped her off.  I'm also curious who the other strange people around here are.  It's entirely possible that I have a ready-made community of friends right in town, and I'm not even sure who they are.  The moment has probably passed to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment