Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2021

My Phone Is Trying To Censor Me

 The other day, while texting Scott, I tried to type a four-letter word.  While this word would technically be considered "bad," it's not one of the words that's particularly likely to offend most people.  My phone autocorrected what I typed to "dawn."

Of course, I deleted dawn and retyped my intended word.  I tried this a few times, only to have my phone autocorrect it back to dawn each time.  I was forced to give up on my intended profanity.

It made me wonder how often the word dawn appears in text messages.  I personally can't recall ever texting the word dawn, and I don't often hear it in spoken conversations, either.  Maybe all the night owls of the world swear when dawn arrives?  Thoughts and ideas welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment