Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Average Mohamed

I learned about a fascinating website today, and since I don't know how widely known it is, I wanted to be sure to share.

This website is Average Mohamed.  A Somali-American man named Mohamed Ahmed, who lives in Minnesota, started a business whose purpose is to counter extremist ideology.  He has created a series of animated cartoons that show the harm that extremism does in the world.  Even better, he uses the Qur'an and Hadith to counter extremist arguments and actions.

I am not a Muslim myself, but I have spent a fair amount of time in the Islamic world.  Over the years, a lot of people have told me that they don't understand why Muslims don't denounce terrorism and extremism.  This isn't true, of course, but I've always felt sad that this was such a common misperception.  Anyway, it's a misperception I'm happy to play a role in correcting, even if only to write a post about Average Mohamed on my humble blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment